The debate about the death penalty for juvenile criminals is a hot one, and as of now, the death penalty still holds for kids under 18. Women on death row are another debate that holds public attention, probably because we don’t envision women as murderers and rapists. watch snapped – women who kill – Elisa McNabey. Of course we know better but every time headlines scream that a woman has committed murder, manslaughter, or what have you, it’s still a shock to most people. watch snapped – women who kill – sandy murphy. Some of the more famous among women murderers include Lizzie Borden (axe maniac), Blanche Taylor Moore (poison princess) and Betty Broderick (gunslinger). watch snapped – women who kill – Kerri Brown
Today’s little tale is a round-up of deadly death row women (read why do some women kill) who have committed criminal acts that are beyond belief (again, the surprise factor that women can do this stuff). watch snapped – women who kill – clara harris. Pop open the popcorn bag and let us begin:
- Charlette Parker – Bathtub Beast – Parker was a home health-care worker who kidnapped 88-year-old Alice Covington, withdrew money from her account, then drowned her in a bathtub. Covington had bruises around her ankles and legs, pepper spray on her clothing, and possible burns from a stun gun. watch 1000 ways to die parking fighters In 1985, Parker pled guilty to sixteen felony counts of obtaining property by false pretenses from eighty-five-year-old Catherine Stevenson. She forged bank withdrawal slips in the amount of $44,000.Parker was convicted of kidnapping and murder of Alice Covington, and given the death penalty…and rightly so.
watch snapped – jeanette sliwinski
- Cathy Lynn Henderson – Bludegoning Baby – Convicted in the abduction and murder of 3-month-old Brandon Baugh, she had been babysitting the boy for three months prior to the murder. Henderson later told police that Brandon died after she dropped him accidentally on his head. She said she panicked, buried the boy, and fled to her native Missouri, where she was later arrested. Using a map drawn by Henderson, authorities found Brandon’s body in a cardboard box in a shallow grave outside of Temple on Feb. 8, 1994. An autopsy determined Brandon died of a fractured skull. If this crime was committed in 1959 Philadelphia, I’d swear the Boy in the Box mystery had been solved.
watch snapped – women who kill – linda lou charbonneau
- Erica Sheppard – Cut-throat Convict – Convicted in the robbery and murder of Marilyn Sage Meagher in Houston. Sheppard and co-defendant James Dickerson spotted Meagher carrying clothing from her car into her apartment at 4655 Wild Indigo and decided to rob her of her car. watch 1000 ways to die – bill and billie.They tackled Meagher and while she begged for her life, slashed her throat with knives five times. They wrapped her head in a plastic bag and bludgeoned her with a 10-pound statue. Sheppard and Dickerson fled in Meagher’s 1993 Mazda 626 which was later recovered in Bay City, Texas
watch snapped – women who kill – dante sutoris .
- Frances Elaine Newton – Cracked Pot Crack Shot – Newton was convicted in the April 1987 slaying of her husband, Adrian, 23, her son, Alton, 7, and daughter, Farrah, 21 months. All were shot to death with a .25 caliber pistol. watch 1000 ways to die – died zilla. In March 1987, Newton took out $50,000 life insurance policies on Adrian, Farrah and herself. (read why some women kill their children). Newton admitted taking a gun with her to her husband’s apartment, but said she took it for protection and that her family members were alive when she left. Shades of Betty Broderick on that one. Newton filed insurance claims on April 21, 1987, and was arrested and charged with capital murder the next day.
watch snapped – women who kill – celeste beard
- Kenisha Berry – Hope-less Horror – On November 29, 1998, in Jefferson County, Texas, 20-year-old Kenisha Berry placed duct tape across the body and mouth of her 4-day-old son, placed him in a black plastic trash bag and left his body in a dumpster. watch 911 call: die die as mother stabs toddler. She was convicted of murder in February 2004 and sentenced to death.The dead child, named Baby Hope, was not identified until five years later after another newborn child, Paris, was found abandoned in a ditch in June 2003. watch mother to 911 – I killed my children. According to court records Berry gave birth to the two children at home and kept their births a secret. She had three other children that appeared to be unharmed. Update: Berry’s sentence was changed to life in prison because the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals ruled that prosecutors failed to show that she would be danger to society in the future. Not society perhaps, just her newborn babies…a trifle that doesn’t concern the Texas Court.
watch snapped – women who kill – manuela garcia
- Kimberly McCarthy – Robbing Hood Reject – On 7/21/97, McCarthy entered the residence of a 70-year-old white female in Lancaster with the intent to rob the victim. A struggle took place and the victim was stabbed numerous times resulting in her death. McCarthy then used the victim’s credit cards and used the victim’s vehicle for transportation.watch snapped -women who kill – michelle theer